Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

You Can't Tell Me Nuthin'


Check out this sign on Etsy. I was doing a little searching around for cute stuff and it was one of the first things I saw. Cute and funny!!!

Sometimes things are just so cute, I don't need you to tell me, I just know it and so it is with the cowls that knit up like a dream. You ain't gotta tell me they cute...I know it! They were a lot of fun to do and let me tell you, this has brought me back home to my acrylic roots. Not that I am going to abandon the animal or natural fiber, I will not, but don't turn your nose up at the acrylics (Yes, I know, Melissa, I know why you choose the natural stuff!) But when you get lush results like this you gotta give cred to the street.

This is knit with the Deborah Norville yarn. I'm telling ya, I don't think much of her show but that yarn is good knitting. When Billie came over she took my carved African bowl and placed it in the living room with skeins of Norville yarn in it as a decoration. After three cowls (one is on the needles now) and some hats, that plan will soon have to be reworked. I found some more in the stash and added it to the mix but I've used a lot it, too. The stash busting continues with good results.

I should admit I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday to get some filler yarn for an afghan I'm making and I saw some of the Norville yarns in solid colors. I didn't know it came in solids other than the cranberry but you will be happy to note I did not succumb. But I have made a mental note for that day when I do purchase yarn again to restock because the stash has been diminished.

The filler yarn is all shades of blue and they have raised the price of 'I Love This Yarn' - again! It's gone up more than $.50 this year alone. It's still under $4 but really! I wound up putting half of it back and subbing with Red Heart - less money by more than $1 and more yardage. I warned them in a letter that this would happen if they continued to raise the price! The truth is, I did it because the afghan I'm making can actually take the less expensive yarn in stride because of it's all one row striping.

It makes me sound incredibly cheap, doesn't it? I'm not cheap, it's about standards. When I first start using the yarn a few years back it was $2.50. I don't think it should be more than $3.25 a few years later.

I do sound cheap. Egads.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin