Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Busy, Busy

This is the latest hat and it has a scarf to match it! I've have, of course, been a knitting fool, there's another hat that you don't see, and I have a cowl (my first) that's just come off the needles - it's so cute! And another one on the needles

There's an afghan that curious about being on my needles - it involves sequins - and the house it still clean! These are all good things.

The show is in a couple of weeks but I am not in the mood to sweat it. That could be because I've knit about ten hats in the past couple of weeks so I feel somewhat set in that department. I am hoping to get that afghan done and I'm down prayer shawls but seriously, I'm not sweating it.

Have you thought about Christmas gifts for the crafter in your life? I always say if you love a crafter, gift giving should be easy for the rest of your lives. I have been looking at craft lamps. I think it would be a great thing to have next to the easy chair to replace the decidedly non craft lamp.

I also need clear storage bins for the yarn stash. I am sure if I were to sit down and think about it or go through the current craft stuff I own, I could come up with a pretty good wish list of things I want and need to move the business and craft forward. Truth is, I don't want to look that hard. The lamp and the bins are enough for the moment. That would help move things forward in a great way. So, that' s my wish list for now.

I feel like this Christmas has crept up on me even though it's the same time every year. The weather is still relatively warm but snow is on the horizon. We began making plans for the Christmas Eve service at church and Joe and I are talking about what we are doing for the holidays. Yet it still seems to be coming fast and I am not yet in the mood. I am thinking of putting up the tree - which when it does go up happens on my birthday. This year that would be the day after Thanksgiving. Perhaps that will help.

In the meantime, I am going back to the needles to prepare more stock for the shop and show and drink some soda - I have become addicted to Coke Zero and I must have it every evening - a couple of times in the evening. Now's a pretty good time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin