Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Top Ten List



It's amazing what you discover when you Google yourself and read some feedback. It seems there are some that really liked my Top Ten list and wonder what happened to it. I didn't make a conscious effort to stop doing it - it slipped through one of the cracks in my head. But the good news is, I pulled it out and put it back on the schedule. So, for the first time in 2011 - Here is the top ten list for the week!

Organic Snake Skin Bracelet by amodernphilosophy. There's something about this bracelet. I looked at it and found myself imagining wearing a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt and kickin' back but still looking like a lady.

Comfort by Elizabeth Bauman. I like this painting, and her style, because it reminds me of the style of paintings in England in the mind 1400's. I think there's an argument to be had as to whether or not she's comfortable because she looks mad or concerned. But she looks concerned while leaning back on an animal - so I guess she's comfortable enough.

Lady La Muerta by ash2ash Yes, that is Mrs. Death on a cameo.

Neckwarmer by amolliesboutique This is just plain cute and since Winter will until July 23rd this year; it's best to know places where we can find cold weather gear.

Valentine's Hearts by Amelias - they look nice and creamy! I bet it feels really good on the skin.

I have started my office as Social Action Coordinator for Chicago Northwestern District of the UMW. My first order of business was to bring attention to the bills in Congress that tried to redefine rape as 'forcible rape' because, you know, the non-forcible rape is fine and now we have to wage a fact against the bill that says if a woman enters a hospital in such condition that an abortion saves her life, the hospital doesn't have to give her that procedure nor do they have to direct to a facility that does. So, if it is their decision, they can allow her to expire - which kills her and the child.

But hey, it's not an abortion.

And then there's the bill that changes a person who has been raped from a victim to an accuser.

What is this assault on women? And why does the legislature think this is a top priority?
In any case, let's get back to the more pleasant top ten:

Unicorn Trivet by A Garden Cottage - I loves me the unicorns. It almost doesn't matter what it is.

Mesh Hat by Add Some Stitches. This is just a very cute hat and works very well through the spring.

Blue Lapis Lazuli Earrings by Margo's Originals OMG - my ears itched when my eyes showed them these earrings. I love the color!

Child's Poncho Set by Crocheted 4 Kids - Get them in handmade early so when they are grown they will not stray from it!

Spice Cowl by Little Bird Design - these things are just cool!

So, there you have it! The first top ten list of the year. I encourage you to shop your local handmade artisans to see what they have for you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin