Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cuddle Up Baby Blanket


Well, this didn't take long. I was getting a little anxious yesterday which meant I must have been getting near the end of the project. It turned out pretty well. It's made with Caron by the Pound in azure.
What I like about Caron by the Pound is that it's an economy yarn but depending on the color, it's knits up lushly. This color is a very lush, soft knit.
size 10 needles on a single strand. The original pattern called for double stranding but I didn't want to do that. It also says cast on 90 stitches, but that was with the double strand and the size 13 needles so I cast on 126 to get the gauge I needed. It came out a little bigger than the original pattern, but what's wrong with a baby blanket the baby can use for more than just a minute?

This blanket is for Jason Emmet who was supposed to come out of the womb yesterday but decided to stay in. Maybe he'll come out today - now that he has a nice, warm blanket waiting for him.

2 comments:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Oh, I really love your color choice here. This is a very nice blankie !!!

Beverly said...

Thank you, my darling. Still waiting for the kid to arrive. At least I haven't heard yet if he's made it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin