Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Nine Day Afghan - Day 5


OK, so two strips are done and they are sewn together! The third strip has yet to be started. I do not believe I will have this afghan done in 9 days.
But I must admit, I do like it better than the first one I made. Those original strips are slowly making their way into the new strips. I am using a combination of Caron By the Pound and Herrschner's worsted weight yarn (which I am beginning to like quite well!)

Hey, if you're in the Oak Park area in May, keep a watch for the Sit-N-Knit at Pleasant Home. Right now, it's in the planning stages but it appears as if it will be a great time. The idea is to have as many knitters as we can safely get in the building and on the grounds to knit preemie hats and booties, simple baby blankets, and scarves and hat for children to adults. We want to distribute them to area hospitals, and organizations helping teen mothers and the homeless.

As I said, we've just started planning it - but we hope to be able to pull it off, and if we can, you'll here about it right here!

I have to go start that third strip now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin