Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Spizzico Pizzeria in Elmwood Park, IL

Ok, so I'm taking a break from the Nine Day Afghan which is going to take way more than nine days, and writing two press releases from a client, to give a review of Spizzico's Pizzeria.
Hubby and I went there two weeks ago and it's taken me that long to figure out what to say.

I've sat in movies theatres and watched ads for this place come up on screen, I've read the reviews on line and I practically had to push the hubby to come to this place. A few years back, we went out to a movie with friends and I wanted to go here and they opted for the pizza place a few doors down...finally, I got my wish.

I suppose I will come back and try the pizza since that's what's getting the good reviews and I will say they had some generous portions, but I have to say, there was nothing spectacular about the place....except a lot of police officers eat there. We were surrounded by men (and women) in blue, and the counter staff seemed to know them by name so I guess we won't have to worry about people misbehaving. So, it's safe to eat there.

I had the aglio & olio with pasta with a side of italian sausage. Hubby had a pasta dish that I can't even remember. I tasted it and thought the 'sauce' tasted a little like something made with mayo. Which, I'm not sure, but I don't think it should be in a pasta sauce.

We ordered a dinner salad that had dried fruits, nuts, and greens and that was very good. But everything else was just regular tasting.

Like I said, we usually give places two tries before we banish them from our list so they will get another shot, but it won't be for any of the entrees. We'll go for what they're known for: the pizza. Maybe we'll like it better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin