Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

Knitter's Restaurant - Big, Soft Afghan


Information on the Sit & Knit is here.
OK, this afghan is soooooo soft and sooooo warm. It's really cool to make because it's nothing but garter stitch, but you let the yarn do all the work for you.

The original pattern came from Knit Picks. But, of course, I changed the pattern to suit what I wanted to do. First, I did do the same number of strips as the pattern called for and even did the same number of stitches. But the pattern calls for three colors of the same brand of yarn. I used twelve colors of several different yarns. As you know, I have a ton of yarn and I need to use it. So, there are six different colors of Lion Brand Homespun. 1 skein of Phentex (no longer made) 3 different kinds of Bernat Softee Chunky, and 2 skeins of Herrschners Chunky. It came out really nice and soft and because i put all the balls of yarn in a bag and just pulled them out at random, even if i make it again, it won't exactly be the same. Neat! And then I fringed it!

This afghan will be on sale at the November sale or perhaps it will be given to one of the high school graduate before they go to college this summer.

or i might not be able to part with it at all....oh, selfish me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin