Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Patience is a Virtue

I want you all to take a look at kat's site.(http://katnap.wordpress.com) It is simply one of the most gorgeous sites I've ever seen. go over and take a look at it - and read it while you're at it cuz the writing's pretty good, too.

Some things come quickly - some things take time. It is the yin and yang that keeps us in balance.
I started working on the 'cable box afghan' more than two weeks ago and it has tried my patience. It is not finished yet. I pinned the latest strip to the other three and figured I would need another three strips - two with one cable and the last one with two - and then the afghan would be done. (Of course, this is another design of mine which is probably one reason it's taking so long. Another thing I didn't consider was how much time doing a cable adds to the process. I've never made this many cables in one item before and they do take time because you have to use the third needles and have to do the twisting, etc. The result is stunning and I'm going to love it when its done but I didn't plan this afghan would take this long to make.
To help ease the pains of a project taking longer than I expected, I decided to start another project - it would be a hat. This hat. Seriously, how cute is this?
This actually took only a day to do so it wasn't much of a distraction, but it did serve its purpose in allowing me to do some more designing. This cloche like hat would be great in holding braids, dreads or extensions.
It's a little funky and a lot of cute.
I am back to working on the afghan and I expect it will take a few more weeks before it's done. Not only do the strips have to be done but then they have to be sewn together and a border put around the whole thing. But I understand now how the time put into it will make the whole experience that much better - especially when I'm done.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Love both projects Beverly. I know what you mean about getting antsy for the next project. Thanks again for the mention.

Kat

~RaenWa~ said...

The hate is great & your afghan is goregous I can't wait to see it all put together. I love cables but am not that good at seaming .

Unknown said...

Hi, as a fan of your site, I have nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger award! Please vist spareroomknits.com for more information!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin