Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Doggie Sweater


This sweater is way too small for Duke, but fits Sashi just perfectly. This dog sweater was done before I even knew it. Talk about your quick knits and that's exactly where I got the pattern from a book called Quick Knits ~ Cool Patterns
from the House of White Birches.

I used size 17 needles (the largest size I will use, by the way, because I have small man hands) and Lion Brand Thick & Quick yarn. It's in a simple rib stitch and rates as a beginning project. There is some shaping, button holes and yarn-overs, but nothing difficult to master. There's also a matching human hat and scarf pattern, but I think if I make them at all, they will be a stand alone project.
I'm pretty sure I didn't use a full skein because I used it from an afghan I started but for some reason don't want to complete. I wish I could show you the buttons in greater detail because they have this cool looking hologram image. The entire project didn't take three hours. Alas, it will not stay on Sashi but will be sold at the next pancake breakfast and craft sale in May. But perhaps Sashi will attend and buy it for himself.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin