Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

The Chicago Top Ten for the Week of Nov. 16, 2009

I joined a new church yesterday! It's way smaller than the one I left and there's a great deal that needs to be done there, but at least I can walk into a house of worship and not have the feeling I need to wear body armor.

Want to have a bad experience? Have a pastor that lies about you to other members of the congregation and have those people either believe her or if they don't, stay silent and let the lies go on. And with that statement, I hope to have breathed in and out the last of that experience and can now let it go.

And why not? There are some nice items out there in the handmade world that are a better use of time looking at and thinking about. Have you looked at the calendar? Almost a month to go. That's it. You're going to have to start getting serious about the holiday shopping. Let me help you. Without further ado, and in no particular order, here is the top ten list for the week of November 16:

Green Apple Vegan Soap by YourTimeBodyTreat
Fall. Apples. Just makes sense. Besides, it looks great!

Golden Leaf Necklace by vivarevival
It's very retro and very cute. I just saw it and loved it. Simple as that.

Red Ombre by Industryjewelry
One of the reasons I like something is that it makes me think of something I can knit. I love the gradiation of color in the necklace. I love doing that in knitting.

Amber Fairy Light by olderthanyouare
This reminds me of some of the knick-knacks I used to see in the houses in the south. Elegant and timeless.

Coonley Playhouse Kitchen Window
by RKMStudios
I am in awe of folks who can work with glass and this is very much like Frank Lloyd Wright's work - which is what it is based on! Simply beautiful!

We've picked up some more followers! Thanks so much. There's still time to get in on the contest. Remember there will now be two winners - one randomly drawn by Mr. Honey and the one tip that I think helps me the most. It's a chance for me to clear some room on my book shelves and clear out some of the yarn stash. Please enter!

Fiesta Dish Pillow by rachelsretrorags
This is just the cutest pillow. I know some folks who collect Fiesta dishes and this would be a great gift for anyone who does.

Cranberry Soap by nothingbutsoap
it looks like a piece of creamy candy but this is one treat you can rub all over body.

Emotions by adrianaoancia
Stunning colors in her artwork. I can see this in the upstairs hall of my house.

Blue Hawaii by elenadiadenko
Another piece of art with stunning colors. I've tried drawing and painting; if it weren't for those little numbers, I couldn't do it at all.

Heart by itsourearth
What makes this so cool? It's made from a recycled LP (for those of you who don't know that's a record - a disc that plays music with the help of a record player. LP means Long Play as opposed to a 45 - which is a small record that plays music with the help of a record player!)

Did you notice? Not a bag on the list this week. But two soaps and two pieces of art. How about that for a little different? Like I said, the holidays are fast approaching. If you don't shop any of these places - or my shop, make sure you look at some handmade shops for serious consideration.

I'm going to play with April and Melissa tomorrow at Barnes & Noble. I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin