Pages

Friday, December 21, 2007

White Cable Scarf

I did this scarf in just a day. It knit up quickly because it uses Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick (2 skeins) and size 13 needles.

I wet blocked it and it is about six feet long and very warm! It will make a nice Christmas gift. (Which is just why I made it!)

I don't rememer where I got the pattern. I know I was looking for something else that was on the same page when I found it. It's a pretty basic pattern - cables on a reverse stockinette background with garter stitch on all edges.

For those of you who are afraid of cables - don't be. Cables are nothing more than stitches knit out of order. Instead of knitting 1,2,3,4,5,6 you knit 4,5,6,1,2,3. If you want the cable to slant to the right, hold those first three stitches in back of the work, if you want them to go to the left, hold them in front.

For a lesson in cables, nothing beats a Dummies book. Click here for a crash course!

What's on my needles now? I have one more scarf to knock out for Christmas. An afghan using Thick & Quick, and an afghan using Caron By The Pound. I'll post the pictures when I'm done. In the meantime, I would love to see what's on your needles.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin