Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Marilyn's Afghan

Information for the Sit & Knit is here.

So, the co-founder of StitchCraft, Marilyn, made this fabulous afghan. Believe it or not, this is actually made of four diamonds that are sewn together.

This was one of those patterns she had been looking over for some time before deciding to tackle it and she says it was surprisingly easy. My phone rang last Sunday and Marilyn was all excited because she had knit the diamonds together and it came out looking like what you see here. I immediately told her I was coming over to take a look at it and I brought my camera cuz I thought it would make a great entry. (And to prove that not only my finished projects needed to be on the blog!)

Also, it used only 10 balls of yarn. The yarn for this is Lion Brand Wool-Ease. I don't know what the needle size is and I don't have a link for the pattern (bad, bad blog mistress) but I am sure once Marilyn reads this, she will give me the 411 and I will give it to you.

If you happen to be in the Chicago area, you can purchase this afghan at the Pancake Breakfast and Bazaar May 3rd at First United Methodist Church of Oak Park. Marilyn would be pleased to see it go to a good home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this blankee. It's so cute, with the colors and all. So snuggly that I wish I would have strayed from my usual scarf and sock comfort zone. Maybe I'll try to make one. LOVE THE BLOG!

-Emily Jane
neuemilyjane2@verizon.net

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin