Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Thick & Quick Cable Comfort Afghan

Information about the Sit & Knit is here.

This lapghan is headed to the May 3 United Methodist Women Bazaar and Bake Sale.

Because I didn't learn my lesson the last time I made an afghan with Thick & Quick, I decided to make another one. I had these eight balls of Lion Brand Thick & Quick yarn and nothing to do with them so in the hunt for my latest project, I came across the pattern for this one. No, I grant you, the pattern on the website is a solid color. But I didn't have nine balls of one color, I had eight balls of three different colors. So I decided to do it anyway. All I had to do was buy one ball in the fisherman and I was set. As it turns out, I didn't need nine balls. I used only seven. I had a pumpkin and a cranberry left over (but I think that was because Marilyn gave me the extra ball of cranberry she had from a project she was doing.)

In any case, it's very soft and plush, and the cables were very easy to do. (You only cable in one row out of an 18 row pattern) and I have this HUGE cable needle that I love. For this project, I used the hook cable needle and the bow needle - I preferred the hook needle - the yarn is so thick and the hook held on to it better than the bow.

I still have a thing or two to learn about stitching, but it will come. The final lapghan is about 48 inches square. It's not blocked, nor is it likely to be because that will make for a very heavy lapghan, but it is machine washable, so it will be bigger once that's done.

And remember...don't be thrown by cables - it's nothing more than knitting stitches out of order (on purpose!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin