Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cross The Line

I had to go to Joann today. I needed a snap for the new purse I made (pic is coming) and I needed fabric to do some linings of other purses I have in mind. I also have my big 40% off coupon.

Now, we know Hobby Lobby is my place for yarn - like I need more yarn - but Joann has the bigger book collection so I decided I would treat myself to a new pattern book. I had some books in mind - and lo and behold - if both of them weren't sitting there on the shelf just looking at me.

I wasn't going to get both. I didn't want to appear greedy. Besides, I have a 50% off coupon that's good next week so I can come back and get the other one if I am so inclined. So there they were:

A book on learning to knit socks
A book that's a bible of knitted bags.

What to do? What to do?

We know I had that socks jones going on for a while and the book would certainly get me going in that direction and I would have a huge amount of patterns that go from really easy to challenging.

And I have obviously been on a purse jag for the past few weeks because I've done most bags - I threw in a scarflette just to mix it up. And I love doing the bags because they are quick, creative and don't cost a lot of money.

Good reasons to go for either book - so which one did I choose?
It wasn't that I didn't want the book on socks. I touched it and talked to it. It's just that I love bags more than I love socks and I've been looking at that book for a longer period of time.

It's earned entry into the inner sanctum. Besides, it has a very short and simple guide to lining bags and I actually followed the instructions this evening and created a lining for a bag that doesn't really need it.
I won't use the lining in the bag (I also made it a little small) but I was pleased with how it came out so when I do line a bag, I will be all ready to go.

I'll do another sock one day. I am almost certain of it, Just not today. And wait until you see the cute little bag I made. I would show it to you now, but that would mean pulling out the camera, taking the photo, uploading and all that jazz and I have to get to be because I didn't go to bed until...get this..8 this morning. I stayed up all night making the little bag...and I have an meeting at 8 tomorrow morning. So, I am off to take a shower and get into bed so I can sleep quick and wake up early!

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Hi Beverly!

My name is Teresa. I've been following your blog for several weeks now. My "brother-in-law" Mark Veselack sent me a link to your Stitch Craft page. I clicked on a few of the links there and found your blog which I'm quite enjoying following!

I am a knitter too. Mark's been talking about you and your group for ever, so it's fun to follow the group and you online.

I had a knitting blog for several years but now just document my knitting on Ravelry. My ID there is : Teresa. Are you on Ravelry? If so, send me your ID so I can add you as a friend.

I hope to meet you in person some day soon!

Teresa

my7kids said...

Wise choice, Padawan!

I LOVE to knit socks. But so saying, I have had Second Sock Syndrome on this ONE pair since last August! It didn't help that my (at the time) 1.5 yod pulled the needles out and I had to pock up a million TINY stitches, which I put off successfully until last week, when my daughter wistfully looked at the first sock, and said, Mommy, I love my sock. I wouldn't even mind if you didn't get the other one done until AFTER my birthday! (May 5). So I guess I know what I will be knitting next week.

Nikki
jesus_iscomin at yahoo dot com
My7kids Recycled Yarns
HeartFeltFun Accessory Boutique
Fluff4Ewe Fiber and Handspuns
Rossoaps Handmade Goat's Milk Soaps

Beverly said...

Hey Teresa - LOVE that brother-in-law" of yours. Does that mean you're related to Fred? My ravelry id is blbochenek. I still get over there from time to time.

I'm also a Sagittarius born in the year of the dog. Is your birthday late November. Cuz if it is, I think you may not really exist, and I'm just talking and answering myself!

Nikki - Thank You, Obi-Wan Kenobi!It was the right choice. I've altered so many patterns in my head, it's not even funny!

Susie said...

That books like lots of fun and I'm sure you'll be making some lovely bags you find there. Can't wait for more pics!

Beverly said...

Wait no more, darling Knoobie because another pic is coming along real soon!

Teresa said...

My partner, Cherise, is Fred's sister.

My birthday is December 15 - a Sag and...as I consider myself...a Solstice Baby. I love winter and snow. I'm going over now to friend you on Ravelry.

Teresa

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin