Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

I Feel Pretty!

I am, for the moment, a purse knitting machine. You all saw the one from last week. Well, there's another one that was done on Friday.
Her name is Bling. Can you guess why? At first I thought I would put the pailettes on one side only (and I will probably make a version like that) but for this first one, I thought I'd just go pailettes crazy. And you would never expect this to be a soft little bag,
but it is! And it manages to be soft and also strong - which is why I know she's a she.
I have another purse on the needles and she should be done some time today. The next one is bling free but cute nonetheless. Her name is Carly. Don't ask me why - that 's the name that came to me. I think it has to do with
Carly Simon, but I haven't even heard a Carly Simon tune in...since the last time I heard one.
Bling has been placed in her protective bag until someone decides they want to take her home. She's in with Blanche, the purse I made the other day that has the iridescent pailettes. OK, I think I may be done with sequins on the purse, though I do have some ideas for scarves and wraps that have them.

On another, sadder note, I went to church this morning and learned one of my favorite people had passed. Cora was like a Mom to me, in fact, I called her Mom and she called me her daughter. You don't know Cora, but trust me when I say there's a new angel walking the streets of Heaven. But she left her husband Jon here on earth and this isn't going to be easy for him and he has not been in the best of health. So please say a prayer for Cora's Jon that he may be brought peace and comfort and that he stays wrapped in the love of the spirit.

See you tomorrow.




3 comments:

Two Happy Stampers said...

Wow! Beautiful work!!

my7kids said...

There is no other love greater than the comfort of the Spirit, so your dear friend's husband Jon will surely be in my prayers. Keep the faith, Cora will be so glad to see you all later.

Great knitting work, been too busy to read posts but caught up today.

Love the variegated shawl!

Nikki
who has 3 babies waiting for her

Susie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. I hope her husband finds comfort in those around him.
Love the bag.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin