Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Road to Hell

is paved with good intentions.

Intent is a powerful thing. I believe in intent. One can tell the truth with the intent of bringing harm and one can lie with the intent of protecting someone from harm. I intended to make a cute little baby blanket and I have started it twice with two different yarns.

It don't want to be made.

At least not by me. Or at least not in the two yarns I've started it in. I cannot even force myself to take photos of the wip for it shall not be a wip for long. It shall turn into a frog and then perhaps into a hat.

SIGH. Has this ever happened to you? You see a nice pattern and think 'Yes, I shall make this (fill in the blank) only to have the karma of the (fill in the blank) stop you cold? I am sure it wishes to be made but not in the brown variegated yarn I tried first and not the rainbow variegated yarn I have tried again. I believe it wishes to be made in the solid grape colored yarn that has been peeking out at from one of the cubby holes from my desk where yarn should not be.

The yarn should not be in my desk and therefore should be moved and why not move it to the needles where the unhappy pattern is being worked by yarn it does not favor? I am not so far along that I would consider the time completely wasted and if everyone ends up happy - all the better.

Yes, that is what I will do. I will start for the third (and last - I try patterns three times before moving on) time to make the pattern fairy happy and get this blanket done. Thy will be done, little blanket fairy, thy will be done.

4 comments:

Virtuous said...

Gurl don't even talk about it!! As I have 1 major project that was started with good intentions but now feels like an albatross!! Ugh!

cici said...

3 times a charm. Good luck! I have had this happen a few time and have the wip sitting in a bin. If at first it doesn't succeed try try again. Thanks for helping me to see this:)

Dawn said...

Happens to me all the time! LOL! Just glad I'm not alone! Hope it works out soon!

Beverly said...

My friends, I am happy to report that it is going along swimmingly with the grape yarn. It looks nice, it feels nice. I am going to be a skein or two short but that's easily remedied and I believe I will have a happy blanket to show off soon. And it has decided it doesn't want to be a baby blanket, it has decided it wants to be a full grown throw!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin