Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Brioche!


This is the latest book in the knitting library. I've been a little fascinated with brioche knitting since I saw the episode on Knitty Gritty (which should still be on the air. It was the best of the knitting shows) where brioche was part of an heirloom baby blanket.

I've glanced at the book a few times and took a quick peek at the projects. This is all I can say right now: huh?

I admit that I haven't started reading the book word for word, cover to cover - but who is the knitter among you that has done that? We start by leafing through the book to see what is there and what we think we could see on our needles and then we go back for the crusty details. But there was not that sexiness in the layout of the book. It took me a while to discover there were patterns in there. (The book is on my Book of the Month Club wish list and one book gets sent to me automatically for the low price of $10. It's a great deal - this book is twice at much in the store and on Amazon! I get a new book every month.)

I have to go back and look at it more closely but my initial reaction is that it might be a little difficult to get through.

In other news, I had a little brain hiccup and was feeling a little down yesterday after a meeting. This caused me a momentary lapse in knitting judgment. I went back to work on the crochet afghan and decided I wasn't happy with it - but I kept on going. The thing is huge, I told myself, I had to see it through.

Piffle.

I pulled myself together again this morning and started the afghan over using the size hook the pattern suggested - it suggested a 'g' hook, I was using a 'j' and 'k' - any wonder why the thing was turning out so big?

So, I've started it over and I am counting the way I am supposed to and I feel better. I am still a little bummed about the meeting but there's nothing I can do with the information I have so I have to let it all play out. You know the feeling I came away with? Wanting something of my own. Something that was mine to control. I have no idea where that is coming from or what I feel out of control about but it moved me to eat chocolate. Not a lot so I gathered the emotions from getting out of range but I am still left with the feeling that I want something that is mine.

Go figure cuz I don't know what's caused me to feel as if I don't have anything of my own. Sometimes you just have to let the feelings run to see if they move you towards something or away from something else. I'll let you know what happens.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin