Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Top Ten List

I went back to purchase a pair of the earrings from the last top ten list and they were gone.
Coincidence? I think not. One of you guys went in and purchased them from off my ears. That's OK. I don't mind. Much. But it's the kind of pain that will be easy enough to get over because it meant something good for one of the artists and that has to be a good thing all around.

But pull that again and see what
happens....

Obama Family Home
by Chicagokiki
It's the only time you'll see the house without a bunch of secret service cars out front.

Earrings by Chicagovintage
Someone with a long neck needs to go get these earrings and give this artist her first sale. They are very elegant looking which is great considering they're made of paper.

Gold Coast by Chicagojewels
These are elegant and funky which always works with me. They can be casual and I can also see these with more of my dressy outfits - course dressy for me isn't saying all that much. But these earrings would step it up a notch.

Through the Woods
by C
hicagoartist
Art gets you without thinking about it. You see it and you say to yourself 'i like it' or 'i don't like it' or 'i don't know what i think about it.' But it gets you right away. I like it.

Cameos by moriam87
I have no idea what I would do with these. There are 6 in the set and i don't know if they are buttons or what. But I looked at them and thought it would be nice to incorporate them in my knitting somehow.

Miller Park is having their Stitch and Pitch on the same day as the one in Chicago. You don't know how tempted I was to ask folks if they wanted to go the one there instead of the one in Chicago. Miller Park is way cool. I've never been to Cellular Field so I can't say whether it's cool or not. But it's also the American League - with designated hitters because the pitchers are too wussy to bat.

In any case, we are going to the south side of Chicago instead of Wrigley North - but if the Cubs don't join in with Stitch and Pitch next year - I'm thinking we should make a day of it and go up there.

Hematite Necklace by bijibijoux
I like necklaces like this because I wear necklaces mainly when I have on a lower cut blouse or sweater (see how I smooth out the sluttiness factor by saying lower cut instead of low cut?) and this would be a great addition to any number of those tops.

Cubs save the date by nikkivain
Speaking of the Cubs... these are cute. Personally, I don't understand why people send out notices that an invitation is coming but whatever...if you're going to do it, other than asking why, I would hope they have a cool way like this to do it.

Eco Friendly Tote Bag by ecozini
C'mon now, it's a tote bag made from old jeans and a plaid shirt. How could it not make the list?

Mirror by Pull Over the Car
They describe it as shabby chic but I think of it at as more vintage. Not shabby at all.

Penguin birthday card by paperika
This is a darling card. i don't like anyone enough to send it to but that shouldn't stop one of you from buying it...and sending it to me.

I love looking at artists' work. Every single shop I look at shows that every single artist has talent. That's not the same as saying I like everything I see because that wouldn't be the case. But that's the wonderful thing about art and creativity. You and I will look at ten different pieces and we will both like nine of them and it's that tenth one that makes us who we are.

That's priceless. Get out to some of the craft fairs in your area and take a look at what's going on. You won't like everything - but you'll like you have the chance to discover what you do like!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin