Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Real Thing

The stash bust continues though honesty must make me confess there are some new skeins in the fold and I can't even think of a way to blame Melissa for this cuz she wasn't even with me. I went downtown yesterday to Loopy Yarns to purchase the tickets for the Stitch and Pitch which will be in August at Cellular One Field (White Sox - South Side for those unschooled in Chicago baseball.)

Well, I never look at what they have on sale for the regular price cuz I ain't gonna buy what they have at the regular price. But downstairs, they have the 25% off wall of yarn and if you really want a thrill, they have some yarn at 50% off and I found some yarn made in Turkey (I love the way they make yarn in Turkey) and it wa
s half off and the regular cost was $7.00. They had all kinds of colors but they had white, gray, black and a variegation of the three so I have 16 skeins to be turned into a geometric afghan and some hats and scarves. 70% acrylic and 30% wool.

On the other hand, as you can see, the crochet afghan I am working on takes a lot of colors. This is going to be one big ass afghan. I have to increase one shell every row until there are 85 shells in one row and then I crochet those 85 stitches for 12 inches before I start decreasing one shell a row. I already know I am going to need more white yarn and I gave away a lot of it. I know I bought some white at Loopy but it won't match up texture wise. This may require some Caron by the Pound but I won't worry about it until I have to open the last white skein. In the meantime, I will go yarn shopping in the stash to see if there's some white skeins hanging around just waiting for me to put them in an afghan.

We've picked up a new follower! Welcome and I hope you comment. In fact, I hope more of you comment.. I'd love to read them and post them for public edification. Give it some thought, will ya?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin