Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Cushy Pillow

This is Amare and he is looking at my cushion. I don't think I've made a pillow quite this big and I must say I like it a great deal.

It's hard to believe we are about to leave this year and go into another one. I have lost friends and family this year and I have met new friends as well. Such is the cycle of life and we must all experience it.

The surprise of the year for me is how doing something like knitting can be a solitary and social thing. I hardly knit anything for myself and yet, make sure I knit every day because it has redemptive value for my soul. Through knitting I have made new friends in person and online (thanks to you all) and I have discovered a new way to serve my community and humanity.

I have also turned my house into a yarn barn...but that's a whole other entry.

So, I am looking forward to the new year with anticipation of where this craft/blessing/calling will take me. And I am curious to see where it will take you. There's inspiration out there and you have provided me with some. Knitting is art, music and sculpture all in one. We're lucky - you and I - to be possessed by it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin