Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

That Little Can of Whoop A- -

Isn't this the cutest little lamp? I just opened it yesterday. It's a Christmas present from my brother-in-law and his wife.

I know what you're thinking but I did not open this present early. They gave me this gift two, maybe three, years ago. Yes, I just opened it yesterday.

I admit to being a little underwhelmed when I first tore off the wrapping paper and seeing the box with a lamp in it that required assembling. I had no idea what I was going to do with it. So it stayed in the box and was moved around the office. I decided this year I was going to donate it to the bazaar sale but somehow it never made it over to the church. Yesterday, I decided to open it. I looked in the box, pulled out the instructions, didn't feel like putting it together, took it into the bedroom where the HB was settling down for his nap with the following instruction: "When you have a chance, could you put this together?"

A few hours later, he walked in with this little lovely.

Now that I have more desks in my office, I am sure there will be a place to put it. In fact, I am mulling over several options. I am not going to use it as a lamp because it's so little and I don't want anything else plugged in - I have enough electricity flowing through this room to taizer the Incredible Hulk. But it's just too cute not to display. And to think I was ready to chuck it outta here.

Don't think my soul didn't kick me in the butt at my ungratefulness - it did. Pulled the tab right off that little can of whoop a-- and made me drink it.

And there's the lesson: Never be ungrateful until you're sure you have something to be ungrateful about and even then be gracious. You never know when you're blocking a blessing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin