Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Sigh.
Just when you're ready to turn off the t and v and get away from the political scandal, comes this bit of news: one of the people talked about in the sale of the senate seat is Jesse Jackson, Jr. He is the person referred to in the transcripts as Senate candidate #5 prompting some area newspapers to print the headline JACKSON 5 (because newspapers in this area are clever like that.)

So, what's a young congressman to do? Why stand in front of a camera and say, "It's impossible that I or someone on my staff would have that kind of discussion with the Governor." and then right after, let it be discovered you indeed spoke with Blagojevich about the seat.

I am left to decide if the only thing more stupid than selling a senate seat is trying to buy it.

Is Triple J through? He's not getting the Senate seat, that's for sure. His wife is a Chicago alderman and has been touted as someone to watch. She's bright, independent and isn't afraid to stand up to Daley - so they say. You know in the privacy of their home she walked up behind him and slapped him in the back of the head. Me? I would slapped him across the face cuz I wouldn't care if he saw me coming.

In the meantime, I will tell you about the Pleasant Home Holiday sale and I just finished the cutest little caplet for a little girl. I'll get to the pics and posts in a day or so. Now, if I can just watch the t and v and not trip over an Illinois politician.

Dang, there's another one.

1 comment:

cici said...

ha,, I love how you use.. t and v.. The scandals never stop, ,do they? Thank goodness for our knitting huh?:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin