Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

No Rest for the Wicked


I contemplated taking the afghan out of the bag and then taking the photo to show you how nice it is. It's very close to the wedding afghan I made before but not quite as big. But getting it into the bag was a bear and I didn't want to take it out just to put it back. This is a gift for someone so I figured I could take a picture of the recipient and the gift and then they could try and get it back into the bag!
It's another blue afghan and it consists of twenty squares and it's 4x5 (or 5x4 depending on how you hold it) and the squares are 12" so it's about 48x60 a nice cozy size.

I was looking into what craft shows I can enter in and my goodness, the booth fees at some of these places! I haven't run into on that is less than $100. I thought I might try and drop in one or two of them - but I don't think I can. I have to plan this for next year! In the meantime, I really have to get my show established so artisans can have a more affordable place to exhibit and sell.

The problem I'm running into is finding the audience. I know when we do the Pleasant Home show we have a nice crowd the first day but the rest of the week, including the next weekend, is a little slow. With the small amount of shoppers, I can't get vendors. My thought was to go strictly charity fundraising and offer the show as a way for Not For Profits to raise money. I organize the show, they get their donors there, and the vendors give 10% percent of what they make. There would be food and give aways (no raffles in the Methodist church).

With the fees the way they are, vendors will need to find relief somewhere. why not feel good and raise money while doing it?

In any case, I am not ready to give up on the idea of a successful craft show so I have to figure out what I've been doing wrong. I will hang in there a little longer. For the last show, I got some of the people I went after getting but not enough - and it didn't help that the power was out in half the city - including the power going out in the church.

Maybe God's trying to tell me something...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin