Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Not What It Seems - Not Exactly

Note: I received some guest posts that I intended to run. Then I switched email systems and some emails went into the great unknown...I am in the process of pulling them all together again. So for those who sent guest posts - thank you and I will find them and post them - within a time frame that can be called soon.


I want you to know that this is not what it seems. I think we should first establish wh
at you might think this is: this might look like it is a work in progress. I would have to say that it is indeed a work in progress. It is that. And it looks like a lovely piece of lace knitting and I would have to say it is that as well. And may I also add it took three attempts to get that sucker just right. I don't know what it was but the third time around when I cursed at it and told it I was going to rip it out and make something else it decided to cooperate.

I know I am
not making my case but I want you all to know (especially the fabulous Melissa who has commented that I should no longer cheat on the NSA because she likes it) that this is not cheating on the NSA. Indeed, the Nanny Square Afghan had started to mock me.

I was making the last strip when I swore I heard it say it was almost done and then it wouldn't need me to schedule it into my life. Once complete it would be a total entity on to itself. I cannot explain the mockery especially when the last strip had not yet
been attached but I felt the pain of it and started the shawl as a way to get it back in line.

Hah. Here is the completed Nanny Square Afghan and if you think it was easy trying to determine how many different yarns were used then you're nuts. It wasn't easy. I didn't have labels on everything and I am not always the best organized person when dealing with my own stuff. So I had to go square by square (the granny squares have seven rounds each - a new system must be devised.) I have determined there are 30 different yarns used. Odd thing is, the yarn stash doesn't seem that much smaller.

I don't know that I am in the mood to do another big square afghan. They are a lot of work. But I do love having done them. Bragging rights, you know. Having said that, I do have another granny square afghan in progress but the squares are smaller so they are moving at a faster pace. Good thing because there are 80 of them. Then, of course, I have the lace shawl to work on - since I used it to make the NSA jealous, it would only be the right thing to do to date it for a while.

Relationships. Geez.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin