Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Now I Know


Sunday morning I got up and went to the computer before I went to church. The truth is I had put some dishes cooking in Cafe World (don't ask; don't tell) and I wanted to get them to the serving platters. I thought it might be good to go over to Ravelry cuz I haven't been there in a while - as witnessed by the woefully out of date WIPs elsewhere in this blog page.
There was a note from my lovely Lynn saying that see and Jo Ann and a few others who went with us to St. Louis or came up to Chicago last year were coming back up to Loopy Yarns because they were going to learn to spin and she wanted to know if I could come.

Well. My first instinct was to say no. Because I had a meeting after church and then I would have to go downtown and I wasn't all that interested in spinning and so I replied that I just got that message that morning and oh, it gave me such a pain not to be able to go. I sent the note and then said to myself: why can't I go? The meeting is at 11 they won't be there until noon and will be there until 4. I can go hang out.

And I did.

And the truth was, I was somewhat interested in spinning. Not with a big old wheel, but with a hand spinner. That might be something I want to try.

No. It's not.

I went ( LOVED seeing my girls) and I watched very closely as they spun: hand spinning and wheel spinning. And as I watched it, I was fascinated that they did it - because it wasn't moving me at all. Nope. Loved watching it. Didn't have desire the first to take it up and give it a try. They even had folks there carding together beautiful colors, but that just seemed like a lot of work. They were making some lovely fiber and I admire their passion but I am not moved to join.

Someone has to be in the cheering section and I got a front row seat reserved. I had no idea how close Loopy Yarns was to the house. It's only 15 minutes from the church and the church is about 15 minutes from me. It was an easy drive and there was cheap parking ($7.50 for 3 hours) right in the front.

Loopy Yarns is a nice place, too. Friendly staff. Great yarn selection (though I limit myself to the basement right by the signs that say 25% and 50% off.) Found some nice wool blend for $3 a skein that will make a wonderful cranberry colored blanket - yeah, I know, but I busted some more skeins. I even got a great, roomy tee shirt with bling that says I'd rather be knitting.

All told, it was a great 3 hours sitting and chatting with Lynn and I even talked up the craft show a little and will hopefully see Robin there. This knitting thing has brought so much to my life. It never ceases to amaze me. So I can never cease to be grateful.

I'm working on a shoulder bag. I am busting two skeins of a yellow yarn to get it done. It will probably be done with only one, but here's hoping. I picked up two great books at Loopy as well - also 50% off and since this was the first time buying something at the store - I got a great FREE tote bag! Y'all know I was in heaven.

Great day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin