Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Petals, Petals, Petals

These are just so cute! Miss Marge called me a couple of weeks ago and asked me to make some kind of flower for the greeters to wear at church. I didn't understand it but Miss Marge told me to do it - so I did. We started the greeters this last Sunday and last Sunday morning I made two of them. Put a safety pin in the back and I wore one (because I was a greeter) and gave the other one to the other greeter.

They were a hit. I don't understand that, either. But they are awfully cute and I can see using these as embellishments for afghans, tee shirts, you can even string them together to make a necklace. The colors just make you happy - OK, you may be more normal than me - they make me happy.

The poncho is off the needles and I need another skein to do the fringe and it needs to be seriously blocked. I expected it to be longer and it fits the mannequin perfectly but somehow it still doesn't look quite right. But maybe after the fringe and the blocking. I will take the photo of it then. Another afghan has taken its place.

So, on the needles: two squares/blocks afghan and the homespun afghan - I've moved into an afghan phase, I guess. There are now 12 squares completed and even though I am continuing with the squares because I am doing two block afghans I am getting really eclectic and not keeping the squares from one book assigned to one afghan. I am going to mix them together and create something altogether different. Cause that's how I roll.

Donald Trump? Seriously?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin