Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Great Expectations

So, yesterday was the first day I put out the word for the Craft Cafe and the good news is, I have takers!! This is beginning to look really good, which means I've added some more to the plate so laziness will have to be built into the schedule so I don't drive myself in sane.

Oddly enough
, I've had my first glitch. On the website, it is quite clearly stated applicants should submit one photo with their application - and it says 'please, just one.' Someone sent me a photo with an inquiry about the show. I responded. referring them to the site where the information about submission was and said I hoped they would consider applying. They then proceeded to send me two more emails with more photos the subject lines says 'here's more of my work.'

Because I guess I wasn't clear that I only wanted or needed one photo. I didn't look at the photos nor did I respond to the email because I had other things to look at and they were already approved. So imagine my surprise when I received an email this morning saying I did not respond to the other emails which they hate and they are not going to be in the show.

Do you all know me well enough to know how that works?

So, I responded that I was sorry to have hurt their feelings but I already viewed their work and I didn't know there was a time
limit on viewing the rest and i was sorry that meant they couldn't be in the show.

They responded saying it wasn't that I didn't look at their work but they responded to my email telling them what they needed to get to me and I didn't respond to their response. (Even though the response didn't contain the application and did contain specifically what I did not ask for.)

Are you kidding me? I didn't respond to your response? When would it ever end? It would be the never ending email.
Do you think we now have a relationship?
Needless to say the response to their response to my response to their response that I didn't respond to - has not been sent.

On the other hand, I am driving myself crazy because I am doing something I thought I would never do - I am knitting with a #2 yarn and on size 5 needles. I have some three skeins of this yarn and I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it but I decided it needed to be a shawl. I am fairly certain I started this on Tuesday - and this is as far as I've gotten. Of course, I've been busy with Craft Cafe and haven't picked up the needles much, but it's going to take forever (OK, maybe a few more days) before it's even finished. It's a beautiful blue and it's nice and sparkly so it will be cute, but there's a reason I wanted to run from thin yarns. So, yes it will be very lovely when it's done - just in time to wrap my non-responsive butt in when I'm committed to the home.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin