Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Miracles of Miracles

I stayed up to watch the miners pulled out of the mine and I am just recovering. I think the thing that hit me was the way they did not waste time with finger pointing and blame - at least not in public - the government took it over and called whomever they needed to call to help out and everyone did - from Africa to China to the Americas. The president of the country stayed there until all me men were out and then led them in singing the Chilean national anthem. The government also said they would be staying with the men for at least six months to make sure they recover fully and have some semblance of their life back.

The lessons to be learned are too numerous to mention and I love that NASA played a role and we said yes when we were asked to help. Instead of reciting the lessons we should learn, I think I would like to take the moment to be grateful for the lessons the Chileans did learn and teach in order for those 33 men to be with their friends and families.

Want to see something beautiful? http://www.etsy.com/listing/48487128/polaris-star-pendant-necklace

Go take a look at that necklace. Yes, I could paste a picture here but then you wouldn't go over and look at her shop and she deserves that cuz you wanna see the necklace. You should want to see the necklace. I want to see the necklace and I just saw it! There are even matching earrings! Gasp!!!

In knitting news: the pile of FO's is piling up. There's a skinny scarf, a wrap/scarf and a baby blanket. Though th
e baby blanket was made a while ago and I rediscovered it. I have a little over two weeks to go and there are two WIPs on the needles. The one scarf I've been working on for what seems like forever (it's been 10 days) and it's not even half done yet. There is something about the pattern that's taking forever (of course, there can be nothing wrong with me.)

I keep thinking I should be making hats (and the ripple afghan - I know!) but everything keeps coming out scarves and wraps. I suppose I should bow to superior knowledge and go with the thoughts of my head. I mean, there's no choice really when I just finished the cast on to yet another scarf/wrap. I am stash busting to a high degree with this one, using the Kertzer Marble Chunky I got in Pittsburgh. It is a thinner chunky yarn but I
am still getting good heft using size 10 needles. I think it will come out OK - this is what I'm doing: Come on, now. Cute isn't going to describe it well enough. I am using a variegated yarn with golds, browns, and black so I am expecting great things. And I am expecting them relatively soon because it is being knit on size 10 needles. It's a pattern from Plymouth (the first thing I'm knitting from the free patterns I got during the yarn crawl.)

I am hoping to have it for the show. Can I just say this about the ripple afghan I know I'm supposed to be making?

I don't wanna....

I mean, I do wanna, I just don't want to go back to it just yet. I don't know why. But I don't. There, I've said it. And I feel like a five year old...

Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to go sit on the love seat and knit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin