Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Un-Remembering

I made this scarf. I'm pretty sure. I mean, I know I purchased the yarn that made the scarf and it looks like my work. And it was in my stuff.

So I must have made it. I mean it looks like a duck. Walks like a duck and talks like a duck. Must be a duck.

Just might not be my duck.
I know it's my duck scarf. But for the life of me, I can't remember knitting it. I am in the process of creating a notebook of finished objects because the wise people say I should have one at my craft show. It isn't enough to show what's available, I also should have a notebook of the kind of work that's been done in the past. A notebook that says: 'You coulda had this but someone else did. Now put down the notebook and purchase that puce hat you were eying.' Well, OK, maybe it wouldn't say all that, but I would say all that if I completely forgot my upbringing.

The point is, as I am pulling pictures from my files and putting them in the notebook, I can remember knitting it. I can look at it and think about the show I might have been watching or if I was making it in a quiet hour. I can remember if I liked the pattern or changed it (yes, sometimes, I knit the pattern the way it was written.)

But this one is alluding me. Make no mistake, I know I did it. I just don't remember the details..kind of like that night in....never mind. Kidding!!

I don't recall the details. Gonna try and sell it anyway.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin