Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Driving the Rolls

The Craft Cafe is this Saturday and the weather forecast (which this month I've been tracking) is that we will be somewhat cool -though higher than the norm-and sunny! The fabulous Melissa - who has started her new job - and I will be out this afternoon putting up signs and the resourceful Elizabeth has found some colorful flags that we will find a use for on Saturday to draw in the masses. So, if this Saturday, we do not draw better, then I will have something else to stress over as I try to make a go of this new venture. But that's not what I want to tell you about.

I have a Rolls Royce.
Kinda.
Sorta.
OK< - not really, but I do have a new size 10 40" Addi Turbo circular needle. Since yarn is definitely something I don't need to buy (and by the way, two more skeins have bitten the dust since yesterday - flies, i tell you, they're dropping like flies) I thought I would treat myself to a set of the Roll s Royce of knitting needles. Besides, they were less than $20 and I didn't think that was too much.

Lorna at Chix With Stix told me they wee the new and improved version of the Turbo needles. The cord was smoother and better designed. I mentioned to her that I heard these needles were the standard and made knitting go faster and that was something I surely needed to be able to do so I was expecting to take these home and create my afghan in 20 minutes and she said 'twelve.'

Clever.

So they are now in my house. In the package. Sitting downstairs next to the laptop.
I don't know what I want to do with them. Being they are so long they are really only good for the afghan or two sock knitting and y'all know I ain't doing no sock. I'm thinking since I am still in stash busting modes, that this might be a good time to start an intarsia type afghan of my own making. Or i can do a solid color - which would also bust the stash and try a new stitch pattern.

Or I could just swallow the craving for instant gratification and just wait until the universe does its thing and tells me what to make next like it always does.

I just want to take this baby out for a spin!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin