Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Progress

I'm not quite sure what to make of this: I received some sales lit in the mail to switch my cellphone company to one called Credo because they are a progressive phone company and because my old cell phone company may have contributed hundreds of thousands of dollars to tea party and other candidates...

who knew owning a cell phone could be a social statement?

In any case, my real concern is that AT&T is set to buy T Mobile and I really liked T Mobile and have had it from the days they were Voice Stream so I am a little concerned because I used to work for AT&T - that came out wrong. My working for them made them a better company and I left it in better shape than when I came in.

I finished knitting the cable block without cable needle
s and I am not sure I will use one again - except when doing big ass cables a needle may come in handy. I am in the process of sewing in the beads - can you see them? Of course, blocking is going to make this look a heck of a lot better.

My next decision is whether or not to add some simple stockinette blocks to break up the pattern blocks. The 42 Square afghan uses a common color around each square to break up the patterns while the nanny square afghan uses the granny square as a common block to break up the other patterns. It gives them a different look - one more artsy and the other more rustic. I suppose if I combined them it would make the piece rusty - which I'm
pre
tty sure I don't want, either. You know, both of those afghans are really pretty. I have an idea of which style I am going to choose - if you'd like to voice your opinion or guess which one I'm going to take, please feel free to comment.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin