Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sshhhh..It's Coming

I don't want to tempt the Fates or maybe the Furies - are the Fates and the Furies the same? I don't know how anyone kept the Mt. Olympus personnel straight. Either way, I don't want to tempt anyone who can change the weather - especially since they are saying the 's' word is going to make a reappearance. This has been unusual weather, the winter as furious with the snow coming earlier than usual and all that 's' last month. But I do believe Spring is coming.

Which is probably why I shouldn't show you something I knit up a few weeks back: Did I show this to you
already? I'm too lazy to go back and look. OK, let me say for the record that crochet is fun. In some ways it may be funner (I know it's really more fun) than knitting. Before I get thrown out of the 'Knitting Rules' club, let me assure I am not abandoning my first love. There's much more about crochet I don't know and I don't believe I am interested in learning to jump over to the 'I used to be a knitter' side of the aisle. I don't even think there is such an aisle. But crochet has a great many benefits to it that makes it a great companion to the knitting. A sidekick. A Robin to a Batman. A Batgirl to a Robin. Did you notice there was never a Batwoman? So when she turned 50 she would still be Batgirl?

The living room is becoming filled with finished objects. I am going to have to go next door and retrieve my goods. I gave them to my neighbor because she wanted items for an auction and she didn't know what she wanted - now the auction is over and she hasn't brought them back yet and I need to get them so I know what's no longer there but also so I can begin to pack away the items from this year. Next time (if there's a next time) I will take the time to make the decision. I was too busy this year.

Wish for Spring to come, my friends, I know it's only March but aren't you ready?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin