Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Answered Prayers

So, here are just a few of the items which have sold at the Pleasant Home Holiday Shop. Three of these items went to the same person - but I don't have a problem with that. Whatever the bank account will allow.

I stopped by the shop to take a look at the table to see what was still there and while there is plenty left, it is easy to see (for the trained professional) that a few items have left to go live with other citizens of the world.




Thank God. This is a sincere thank you. The Pleasant Home Holiday Shop is the big sale of the year for both the knitting group and for me. When StitchCraft was first involved, we were invited to participate by the program director of Pleasant Home and we had fun and we were successful for two years. The third year, last year, was after the church threw out the knitting group so I wasn't certain we would be invited back thinking they would take the church's new knitting group over ours. (As it turns out, they accommodate both of us.)



Last year, being the first event unassociated with the church, we didn't know how well we would do. At the end, we were still the top sellers of the show and everyone in the group who had something on the table made money. This year, there were only four of us who had items ready to be sold and I was concerned (as I always am) that we would not have enough for the table - but we do and the first day of the sale went well and from what I could see when I was there today, we are still doing well. I don't know that we will be able to hold on to our title - and though I really like having that title - there are more important things - like Marion and Vicki selling at least one of their items.

For myself, I needed the success because I want to be able to say the first year wasn't a fluke. I wanted it to be a success because it was the first year that I was the one in charge. And, yes, as bad as it is, I wanted it to be a success because I didn't want the church that kicked my group out because of an insecure and petty pastor, to win.

This year, it's about the fun and I want to be successful because the group is laid back and while we do want to make quality goods for a decent and fair price, we do it for the enjoyment first so we want it to be successful because it's great for our synergy.


I am still working on the blue afghan and still having fun with it...but that feeling is creeping in. That feeling that I'm ready for it to be over because I've been eying some patterns and would like to cast on. Of course, there's nothing to stop me from casting on but I don't want WIPs all over.

It's going to take a while to get this one done because the color is changed every row. It is about half done and it's Bohemian and way cool but I am ready to get on with the last half of it so I can do something else. But I also see I am going to be sad to see it done at the same time I marvel at it. Call me Walt Whitman - I have multitudes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin