Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

We Interrupt Our Scheduled Program....


I am working on Duke's dog coat. I was working on the Blue Bohemian Blanket, but that has to be put aside in order to make a coat for the baby.

Let me explain.

Last winter, yes the winter of 2009, Mr. Honey suggested I make Duke a coat for the winter. 'Yeah,' says I, 'I will make him a coat." I pulled out my doggy sweater/coat patterns and decided I didn't like any of them - at least not enough to put down whatever I was knitting at the time and make him one.

The next thing you know it was summer. So there was no need to make him a sweater/coat cuz the one Mother gave him was fine. Except summer leaves, in Chicago it leaves approx. 1 week after it arrives, Fall comes in for maybe 10 days and then winter is here again.

So Mr. Honey suggested I really make Duke a sweater/coat. 'Yeah,' says I, 'I will really make him a coat.' I pulled out the book again and considering the same patterns were in the same book and I still wasn't in the mood, I didn't stop working on whatever I was working on.

Then Mr. Honey delivered the ultimate insult to a knitter. He placed on my laptop an open catalog with a set of dog sweater/coats. Three of them for less than $30. Mass manufactured and looking...cheap. He said he was going to order them and wanted to know what I think.

Passive aggressive s*%t. That's what I thought. i told him I would look at it and let him know and the catalog somehow disappeared. I did not harm the catalog in anyway, I swear. I can only surmise that Duke somehow got a hold of it, saw the coats, in a variety of colors including camouflage, and somehow ripped it to shreds.

Now that the kid has had his eye surgery and he is a little up in age, I think it would be a good idea if he had his own coat. I would have taken a photo of it in progress but I didn't want to. I want you all to see it when it's done. As you can see, I've done it before and it's really cute and should do the job just fine. Duke has taken a look at it in progress and doesn't seem to mind it too much. He may have something else to say when he figures out he has to wear it. But I am going to leave that discussion to him and Mr. Honey.

My job is almost done.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin