Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Rhapsody In Blue

This is my drool of the day. They are Antique Lace Earrings by Beyond Jewelry. Now that I had all my hairs cut, it gives me the chance to wear big earrings that make me feel great!

I ended the throw a few inches early because I just couldn't do it anymore. I was ready to move on. The truth is, I was ready to move on a couple of inches before I stopped it but kept going until it was at least the same size square. I could wrap it around me so it's not so bad and I'm looking at the photo thinking how lovely it is. What
you don't see are the sequins I tied into the fringe. Peacock blue sequins in every eighth fringe. Happy with it I am.

But here's the thing. I know I said it was a stash buster and that I was noticing some skeins were getting smaller. I turned the lights out and I guess that meant it hooked up because it doesn't seem like I nicked the stash at all. I have a bag of blues.

The foundation for 2011 is being set. I won't be adding anything new to the shop until 2011 and I am pushing out the old items! Miss April doesn't understand why I am not content with having the clearance items. She doesn't get that I want the entire store to be new. I'm not sure either other than I want the slate as clean as possible. In order to make that happen, I am really discounting what's in the shop right now.

I sold about ten items during the show so I still have a good sized inventory that I would like to see go to good homes and I have two afghans ready to start the new year. I am looking in the pattern books for items that would be connected with January - March. So that would be some winter items, Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day and the beginning of the Easter season. Looking through the pattern book I noticed a scarf that I can do in red that would be a lovely, soft gift for Valentine's day. I'm thinking of adding heart charms on the edges. It's a lovely lace pattern and I think it would make a beautiful gift for a new girlfriend or someone who loves red. I'll show it to you when it's done.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin