Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Contacts

I would go to sleep if it weren't for the fact I'm wearing contacts - and it's only 6 o'clock. I was up before 7 this morning because I had to go to a United Methodist Women training session - I was one of the trainers. I didn't need to get up before 7 because a continental breakfast was being served at 8:30 and the real stuff started at 9 so I could have gotten up at 8 - but I wanted to make sure i did my workout.

You read that right - i wanted to make sure I got in my workout.

And I did. I did my workout, took my shower got dressed and went on the church and I still got there for the breakfast portion of the day - just barely. The important thing is I wasn't late for the main event.

Now, I've been home for about 5 hours and I've nodded off I don't know how many times. I haven't knit much today. I did manage to make another leaf for the afghan but that's about it. I did get in some crocheting during the morning when the featured speaker was speaking. It was very interesting but crocheting seemed to be a natural thing to do and I didn't distract or disrupt her or anyone else.

i did manage to pick up a new book on the spiritual side of crochet called Contemplative Crochet. I will let you know what I think when I've read it. It is a book in the UMW Reading program so it actually counts towards being recognized for completing the reading program.

Yesterday, we met someone new at the knitting group get together. Her name is Bilvi and she is from Finland. Lovely lady; experienced knitter (did you know they teach knitting in school in Finland?) She has been in the US for a couple of months having married a man from Chicago. So, she's new to marriage and new to the states and wanted to meet new folks. She's funny and insightful and we voted right then and there to keep her - now if she votes to keep us we will see her at the Friday gatherings.

I am sore after the workout. I got through the first phase of muscle breakthrough but there are more muscles to go. Plus, I've worked out for 6 days straight. I don't have a workout tomorrow so i can give the body a well earned break. I see a good night's sleep in the near future and the weather is supposed to be really nice tomorrow so I also anticipate good things should I be blessed with a tomorrow.

I hope you have a great weekend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin