Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

This Week's Top Ten List

This week we travel to the beautiful city of Baltimore, MD. My sister lives in Baltimore so it seems a good place to visit some of the local artisans and see what a little east coast flair!

Silver Hoops by Appleblossom86. I have actually purchased earrings on every trip I've made to Maryland. Funky earrings - one a pair of clocks and the other the most expensive earrings I own. I guess I like the stuff they do.

Crocodile Stitch Shawl by Bonitapatterns I don't know what's better, the shawl pattern or the fabric used to make it - both are stunning.

Tote bag by Bibi1990 - This is a cute tote bag - and you know a bag don't even have to be cute for me to like it - but this one is!!

Spring Fling by Cat's Soft Stitches - babies have to be stylish!

Ocean Breeze by Marian Ruth - Sometimes it's the simple things that have the most elegance and this design in this color is simply elegant!

I am certified for another year as a Certified Lay Speaker. I learned a lot in the class and I am still thinking about it a few days later. We were in Evanston last night with the knitting group - six of us at Close Knit LYS. We thank them for staying open later for us. It's a nice cozy space and they have a nice selection. If you're in Evanston, they are on Davis street. In fact, they are on Davis Street even if you're not in Evanston.

Burst Earrings by doxallodesigns - Did I mention how much I love earrings made in Maryland?

Turquoise Purse by An Original by Peggy - It was hard just picking one item from her shop but it's the color that drew me in.

Stained Glass by terraza glass - again, it was hard to pick which one of the items to select. There's some beautiful work there and I can see more than one in my house!

Asian Inspired Earrings by Love Salt - These are lovely. It's not my fault there are so many good Baltimore jewelry artisans.

Felted Bath Balls by Raw Olive What a nifty idea to use left over yarn and then recycle after the original intended use. Goes from spa item to cat toy in just a matter of moments.

Baltimore is one of the those places where you can find vendors almost anywhere. I really like it for that aspect. It has many personalities and a great place to explore. If you can't make it to the right side of the country then skipping through these shops might prove a great alternative.

I hope you have a good week! Don't forget to take time out for crafting!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin