Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

The Chicago Top Ten for the Week of Oct. 26, 2009

I had a brain freeze - somehow I forgot it was Monday. I looked on the calendar and there it is - time to list the top ten items I found while perusing the shops. My apologies for my lateness, I was having so much fun looking over the weekend that I forgot to share the goods with you. So, without further delay, and in no particular order, here are the top ten choices from local artisans:

Pom Junkie Necklace by bumblesea jewelry.
This piece seems delicate with great texture. It's a white pomegranate!

Evil Notecard
There are times when people just don't get it - and only a nice card with a great layout can get the message across.

Fairy Necklace by LibraLu
This is a vintage piece that has an old style look about it. That's probably why they call it a vintage piece.

Dubliner Earrings
from urbanlegend
I love these as they are but if they had a darker bead, I would have bought them then and there!

Crocheted earrings by joyce is crafty
OK, I have never seen anything like this and that was worth expanding the geographical location to include Indiana - just this once.

Whew! What a week. If you've been reading the blog, you know I've gone just a little bit hat crazy. Keep your fingers crossed that they do sell. I tried a different pricing formula but that increased the cost on some hats and lowered it on others. I don't know. If someone out there has a good way to price their goods, please let me know. In the meantime, I am putting together a small tutorial on seaming. Yes, I am laughing too, but I can do it. You'll see!

Princess earrings by djewelsrfab
I have a pair or earrings that are like these - but they aren't these - which is why these are on the list!

Bella Jet Black earrings by lindab142
Yes, I've noticed the trend of what I'm picking this week - but have you noticed these earrings!

Kimonos by dolluxedesigns
Is that doll wearing a kimono?

Autumn Coasters from Creative Coaster Chick
For some reason, these remind me of 'Under the Tuscan Sun' where no coaster was even given a close up. Don't ask me why they do just be glad they aren't earrings.

Baby Pod by ventichai
You should see the rainbow and the one that looks like a football. OK, let's all say it together; "Aaaawwwwwwwww!"

Yes, I know there are a lot of earrings out there. But that just means you can grab a pair for yourself and I might not even notice you took them right out from under me. Psssttt...Christmas is eight weeks away. Not a bad idea to get over to my shop and these shops and start making that list - so you'll have time to check it twice before you check out!

Have a great week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin