Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Chicago Top Ten for the Week of Oct 5, 2009

I would have had the list up earlier, but Melissa and I had a play date at the Barnes & Noble in Skokie. We sat, knit and yakked for about four hours. I bought a book of hat patterns (cuz I haven't done enough with hats yet. There are five more done along with two scarves!) Mellisa brought her felted hat (cute!) and is working on her second mitten. She's on her way to knitting goddess status.

But that's not why you're here - you're here to see the funky-fresh stuff I selected this week. And so, in no particular order, is this week's top ten:

Color Block by Camillestar
I looked at this and thought it would make a cool every day bag - I didn't even think of it as a knitting bag - until right now. It would make a cool knitting bag, too.

Buttercream Snikerdoodle soap by kamali2029
It looks like some fun soap - and how often do you get to say that when you're not seven years old?

Peridot by earthstreasure
drool....excuse me....drool

Black and Gold Bracelet by uncharted
Yes, I like bracelets, too, but they have to be special..and this one is.

Turquoise earrings
by walkerstudios
These would go great with the new haircut. It would show them off quite nicely.

This week's shout out goes to Melissa et. al. at Giftzandgreetingz. They have some really fun stuff - check out card candy and the eco-friendly cards and bookmarks! High impact to whomever you're writing - low impact on the environment! It's a win-win!

Tree of Life pendant by katherinesbeads
Sometimes you just like something and you don't know why. This reminds me of a big silver dollar and I think it would be really cool to have this on a long chain to wear as a necklace.

Brass Fall Nest Necklace by greylakes
The shape is unusual and if you have a vee-neck sweater and any kind of a bust line (and I have) this will be a conversation starter.

Cherry Red Necklace by Bohemienne
I have a pair of earrings these would go with beautifully. I tell ya, short hair means jewelry!

Black and Blue blanket by erink745
Take the trip without doing the drugs! This is psychedelic!

Kawaii patchwork pinafore by littlelily
How retrofresh is this for your little one? Colorful, funky with a touch of old school. She should have fun wearing it!

How different was this list, huh? Some new shops I've never visited and I am, as always, impressed with what's sitting in my own backyard. Holiday shopping this season will be fun because everything is coming from one of this local, handmade artisans. I'm really excited to be bringing business to them and quality items to my family.

You go browsing too and see if something doesn't catch your eye!








No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin