Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Back on the Block - Simple Stitch #1

I said when the light comes the first block would come and here it is. I bought this book at Joann and I don't regret it. There are some stitches that I've done that I am proud of. A quick review of this book is that it has a variety of stitches some with just knits and purls, some with cables and lace and some with great texture. You will need to have a fair amount of confidence in order to get through all of them - gees, I think I just set myself up.



They say that every knitter's project has a flaw. I don't know who 'they' are, but I think they are the wisest group of theys I've ever not met.
This is the 3rd time I've made this pattern and though it comes out nearly as it should, it never quite gets to as it should. Something
always goes a little off.

I ain't a perfectionist.
I think these are great, homemade touches.
I don't go back and change them unless they really, I mean really bothers me. And that hardly ever happens - though it does happen more than it used to.

This particular pattern is a butterfly stitch and it the big features are the yo's and the dropped yo's, the pulling the loose dropped yo's into the butterfly wing and the making of stitches by adding on in the middle of the row.

Believe it or not, this is an incredibly fast knit. I think it took only a few hours to complete. It was done during the duration of a Cubs game. I've made it in ivory the other times and it's stunning in that color. The color in the photo here doesn't do it justice. It's a nice square though I do remember the first time I did it, I found it a little scary.

It's an impressive block and it will lend elegance to whatever afghan it finds itself on. I wouldn't make an entire afghan out of it but it will certainly catch attention - even if it is a little off kilter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin