Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Back on the Block - Simple Stitch #10

The house looks like a clutter bomb again. I have promised myself and Mr. Honey that I will make like Donna Reed or June Cleaver, wait, that won't do, I would have to put on pearls and heels just to do dinner. I have to make like Hazel and clean - at least that way, I can still be sassy. (For those of you under 40 this is a prime Google opportunity to find out who these three women are.)

The wedding is a week from tomorrow! I have three more blocks to make. I started doing a bobble stitch block last night but the yarn was really dark and I don't think it did it justice. I will probably end up doing another stockinette because I know it will go fast, but I really want to do that bobble stitch because I think it will add some nice texture and a fun feature. The yarn just has to be lighter.

I've started putting together the third strip and it's all coming together nicely. I decided to crochet them together with the wrong side facing so there is a crochet band that will go in between the squares making a nice feature that will pull all the squares together. It will definitely need to be reblocked, though.
Am I a total knit geek to admit I'm looking forward to that part? Me! The person that didn't want to block anything before! If I didn't know better, I could claim this as a sign of the Apocalypse!

This stitch is a
alternating lace stitch and it's number 10 in the Sampler Afghan book. Now, I think it is probably a natural thing that if you have a book of 60 patterns, you aren't going to like all of them. Some of them will escape your affection for various reasons. Now looking at this, albeit, not so good photo, this is a cute little square and it fits nicely into the whole scheme (as they all do) but this had to be the most boring square to make and I don't know why. I finished it before doing the last couple of rows because it was torture! It looks innocent enough and it's only a foot before blocking, but I thought those last few inches would have me taking a drill and putting a whole in my head just to relieve the pain.

I can't explain it - but there it is. But once it was over there was relief and as I said, it's cute.
But I won't be making it again.

022604


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin