Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

Back on the Block - Simple Stitch #58

I learned a lesson a long time ago about being truthful. I hurt some people when I wasn't. And now when I see how hurtful other folks are being by not telling the truth, I am amazed at how we willingly decide to lie to other folks about other folks. I am amazed at how some people can get other people to lie for them. They don't care what they have to ruin to make the goal of bringing someone down. And especially in an environment that is supposed to be supportive. God don't like ugly - cute ain't high on his list either. He'll get around to you in his time. Luckily, he'll forgive you.

This is the double moss stitch. I was so lazy I didn't want to take the camera outside and take a more decent picture. Will you let me lazy just this once (OK, I've been lazy before but I've never asked forgiveness for it. Have I?)

Anyway, this yarn is one of the first I purchased when I started this knitting thing and it's hung around for a long time. I found it when I was doing a blues search through the stash and thought I'd knit it up. It's blue with silver running through it. I still have some of it left, probably enough to do another square. I think I should make another square with it - after all, I don't want it to be lonely and pull focus because it's the only snazzy square like it in the bunch. It would make a lovely stockinette square. Yes, I know stockinette isn't in the book, but that's OK. The idea is that I am going to make all the squares in the book, but I also have to make it all work together. There's enough squares left to do for a long time. Would you believe I'm thinking of the next book to do the Start to Finish on?

I'm such a dweeb.



1 comment:

Susie said...

Lovely yarn! See you when I get back in two weeks. Enjoy the rest of your summer, Beverly!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin