Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

This Week's Chicago Top Ten Week of August 31

Yes, you want to know about the wedding and I want to tell you all about it. The first thing I will say is: I forgot my camera and the camera phone just wasn't hitting it. But my sister and sisters-in-law took lots of photos and they promised to post them on Facebook and in an email so I will have them shortly. It was a beautiful day and I am thrilled for Jeremy and Lily. So, we should have some pics soon to share!

But today is the day for the Chicago Top Ten (tell you what, I'll give little wedding details with each choice.)Here are the ten artisans who have managed to catch my eye with their goodies. In no particular order, here are the ten I'm drooling over this week:

Saks Fifth Avenue bag by Ninestories
This bag would have been great at the wedding. As it was, I was a fashion don't cause my purse didn't match my outfit.

Sterling Earrings by Dalkullen
I wore diamond earrings at the wedding but these would have been a great match as well.

The Versatile Shrug by verionicarileymarten
This is a shrug that can be worn in different ways. Of course, I brought knitting with me. But you will be happy to know, I did not knit at the wedding or the reception. I knit in the car on the way to the reception so part of the falling leaves afghan can claim to be a part of the wedding day. It can also claim to be part of a backyard bbq - the afghan gets around!

Blooms Tote Bag by Camillestar
This is another bag that would have gone with my outfit (I wore black) if I wanted a more casual but still classy look.

Suncatcher by Glass Cat
What a great idea! I love the idea of this suncatcher. I have to admit to adding it to my favorites list!

Welcome to the new followers we picked up over the last few days. I look forward to getting to know you and your blogs/shops. This week I want to give a shout out to Dianne at The High Plains Knitter. Not only does she knit very well, she also encourages and lifts up other artisans.
Take a moment to read her blog and see some of the artisans she features. Dianne has inspired and encouraged me on more than one occasion and I appreciate her willingness to share her faith and her craft - which all comes from the same place!

Black Citrus by Dirtybusinessbathco
It looks pretty and I bet it smells pretty, too. (Not a surprise, the wedding colors were blue and white. Lily saw the afghan and said I got the colors just right! Yeah, she's a keeper.)

Sans Partridge Earrings by leavesofglass
Get it? They look like pears but they don't have the partridge in the pear tree? Sans is French for without...I don't mind that they look like pears, but when I first saw them, they looked like two big kisses. Either way works for me.

Abacus earrings by The Bureaus
Her very first day on Etsy and she makes a favorite list. I don't care who you are, that's got be great karma!

Chicago by reneeleonestudio
Always interesting to see your city through the eyes of another. Even two Chicagoans will have a different perspective.

Pearl Neck Piece by Girlwithahook
It looks like a piece of knitted jewelry. People who crochet well make really beautiful items. I should really try and get better at it. Yeah, that's gonna go right on the to do list.

Aren't these great works of art? I think the theme is simple elegance. Kind of describes the wedding yesterday. It was done in Spanish and English and I cannot wait to show you all the diversity that comes in this branch of the family. I don't understand how there could be folks in the world that believe it isn't right. There cannot possibly be that much laughter and love in something wrong. God doesn't work that way.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin