Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Chicago Top Ten for the Week of August 17, 2009

The more things change, the more they stay the same. For us that means top Top Ten list will change but the quality and creativity of Chicago artisans remains top notch! Glad to report my 13th sale! I sold an afghan this week. It came at a time that I could use the lift. I'm also thrilled to report StitchCraft now has over 90 members! I'm hoping to pull together a meeting where we can all gather and gab (and knit of course!) But that's another post. This post is about other Chicago artisans. So, in no particular order, are this week's Top Ten:

Victoria Telephone
by retroology
I used to dream about having a phone like this. Now, not only can I dream it, I can achieve it!

Baby hat by suzannedobbertin
Cuz a girl's gotta style at any age!

Sterling earrings by ueburkunst
I mean, look at them, duh.

Mrs. Parker's earrings
by leavesofglass
I don't know who Mrs. Parker is, but I'm about to take her ear bling!

Tangerine Dream by julrebox
Oh, this is nice. Hey, at least it's not a pair of earrings!

While we have a pause in the action, I want to give a shout out to Two Happy Stampers.
1. Cuz the name is cute. 2. Cuz they're a Mom/Daughter duo. I love it when I see Moms and daughters together. The one thing in my life I miss constantly is having a parent. 3. Cuz they're in AZ where Mr. Honey says he wants to go to. 4. They're fellow Etsians (they just their latest sale, too!) 5. Their blog is a good read.

I could go on, but I'm already in the middle of a top ten list - getting back to it...

Chicago El by Rebecca Plotnick
Wouldn't be nearly as nice if it were in color and the circles that go throughout the whole photograph. Love it!

gyoza dinner by gobuggy
This is just too cute. It looks great as an art piece.

Crystal red drop earrings by lenmar
habbba..habba...habba and they have a matching necklace. I almost licked the screen.

Hobo bag by retrofied
I need something to hold the earrings and necklaces.

giraffe stationery by sweetlife paper
love giraffes. love stationery. This is very cute. I'd write folks with this!

That's it for the week. Yes, I know -jewelry - but it's not my fault, indeed it's a blessing, to have so many jewelry artisans so close by. I'm looking forward to my birthday and Christmas!
Once again, click on one or two if you don't have time to click on all ten. Trust me, those of us with shops look to see how many views are items are getting and how many hearts they have. It shows us what's popular and what may be sold sometime in the future. We love what we do even if no one buys it, but when you tell us what you will buy, then we love making what you love - it's a win-win for everybody.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin