Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back on the Block - Stitch #20

The large bobble stitch was the last stitch and block I made for the wedding afghan. I wanted to end with something fun and I think this block really does that.
I cannot tell you how much fun the afghan is - now that it's done. I am looking for the proper 'container' for it. I would love to put it in one of those zippered plastic things sheet sets come in but I would need it to be slightly bigger and I have The Container store site coming up on another window so I can see what they have there. I want to make it easy for them to ship back home or carry with them. However they are getting all their loot home after the big day this Saturday.
Anyway, the bobble stitch was fun to do and that little block takes up a lot of yarn because of all the stitches that go into the making of a single bobble. Let's see: kf,b,f in one stitch (that's 3) turn knit 3 (6) turn purl 3 (9) turn knit 3 (12) turn sk2tog psso (13). Thirteen stitches in one bobble and there's a sml army of bobbles on that little square.
Here's a hint, crocheting blocks and strips together is sooooo much easier than getting out the needle. It makes a stronger edge, can be a decorative feature and just goes faster. I highly recommend it.

So, what's next? There's a wedding in October, but I am going to give myself a few days before I start getting into that so I am now halfway through with making a pillow. It uses wooden beads and it's going to be tres cute. I bought the pillow form today (yes, a pillow form. I am not doing my usual fiberfill.) I also purchased Vogue's Shawls, Too. It was on my Christmas List, but I don't think Mr. Honey got it for me. I can't find it on the shelves anyway, but I have a sneaky feeling that I do own it. (I mean, I now own two of them) I'll have to go back and check the post about the books I got for my birthday and Christmas. I hope I don't have it - except for the one I bought today - of course. I used my 40% coupon for it so I hope it's the only copy I have cuz then that would be quite a good deal!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin