Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

When She Shines

So Mr. Honey and I went to the Cubs game on Wednesday afternoon to watch the Cubs play the Astros and if you've ever seen or heard a Cubs game, you know they sing 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' during the 7th inning stretch and they have a celebrity lead the singing and the celebrity throws out the first pitch. Now, everyone knows I loves me some Mr. Honey but the first pitch was thrown by and the 7th inning stretch was lead by:




Terrance Howard. I won't drool like that again until I'm 80, outta my mind and sitting in a corner at the home. Thank you, God.




See that pattern? It's a nice pattern. A nice pattern that's a pain in the rear end. The thing about being a knitter is this: we like challenges. We like looking at a picture of something and saying to ourselves we can master it and then we like putting it on the needles and doin
g the k2 and k2tog and the yo k1 psso and all that stuff and seeing the pattern come together right before our eyes. (That's why I grin when people say knitters are patient. Are you insane; we knit for the instant gratification.)

But some stitches, no matter how beautiful they are and how glad you are to have done them, are a pain to do. This butterfly pattern is a 26 stitch repeat so I placed a row marker every 26th stitch to make sure I stay within the lines. I don't know how many times I had to tink back but it was more than a couple and more than a few. It required concentration. And thought. And math. And a bunch of Mr. Honey Stitchmarkers. Well, at least they were cute.

Another thing about us knitters - we like to say how much of a challenge something was so we can get more appreciation when the end result comes. It's kind of like labor - or so I hear. All that pain and then you get a beautiful baby.




021304

2 comments:

Susie said...

With Terrance Howard at the game I'd have been like "Cubs? What Cubs?" He sure is easy on the eyes!

Beverly said...

Girl, it was like "I went to see Terrance Howard and a ball game broke out!"

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin